UltravioletPhotography

What a difference a day makes

What a difference a day makes, & taking a step back.

I had thought that Photo Ninja was the 'bees knees', but I ventured back into Sigma's Photo Pro for the processing of the Sigma fp files....

Oh, What a difference a day makes.....

Finally Red & Gold vegetation that 'pops'.....

post-31-0-62607400-1629347430.jpg

post-31-0-27435600-1629347454.jpg

It can be painful, but Sigma software does seem to handle their cameras best.

X3F tools used in others isn't quite as good.

As for the Fp, I am not sure 3rd party software has caught up yet to realize its a Bayer and needs a little different touch.

agree that Sigma software works well for the Sigmas. My experience limited tho.

agree that Sigma software works well for the Sigmas. My experience limited tho.

The Sigma fp has a bayer CFA & has DNG raw files.

What I have picked up from the dpreview Sigma forum is that if you hate Sigma software. Than photograph in DNG. When you get back to your computer, run them through the free Adobe DNG converter. That lossless compresses them and then you can use them to edit into any 3rd party software.

I am not sure if the pass through DNG converter also somehow cleans them up a bit for better editing. But that is something you could test.

What I have picked up from the dpreview Sigma forum is that if you hate Sigma software. Than photograph in DNG. When you get back to your computer, run them through the free Adobe DNG converter. That lossless compresses them and then you can use them to edit into any 3rd party software.

I am not sure if the pass through DNG converter also somehow cleans them up a bit for better editing. But that is something you could test.

I have never 'hated' the Sigma SPP software, quite the opposite.

I was using the Photo Ninja because I had liked it in the past & it was faster then the Sigma SPP.

But in the mean-time I have had to get a new computer & I got a fast one, but never got around to using the Sigma SPP on it until two days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never 'hated' the Sigma SPP software, quite the opposite.

I was using the Photo Ninja because I had liked it in the past & it was faster then the Sigma SPP.

But in the mean-time I have had to get a new computer & I got a fast one, but never got around to using the Sigma SPP on it until two days ago.

colinbm... what blue filters did you use?

I thought they were made with 580 nm red!

colinbm... what blue filters did you use?

I thought they were made with 580 nm red!

Hi Toni

For the red vegetation I used the B410 & KG3 filters

& for the gold vegetation I used the Tiffen 47 & BG25 filters.

Cheers

Col