UltravioletPhotography

IKEA flower

I recently visited the IKEA store in Dresden. When we were leaving, an employee handed each of us a flower for free, as IKEA is celebrating an anniversary. I was quite pleased by this, as the flowers look quite nice and seem to be a good target for my shennanigans.

normal image

post-350-0-28609400-1629069409.jpg

ZWB2 + QB39, full spectrum Speedlite 199A, Industar 50-2

post-350-0-12798700-1629069368.jpg

650nm longpass

post-350-0-32248400-1629069384.jpg

650nm longpass blue light induced fluorescence

post-350-0-43228900-1629069375.jpg

So pretty! I think gerberas have also nice uvif, ive been wanting to try.

Thanks! I actually tried UVIVF with my Nemo as well but didn't end up posting it as it looked very underwhelming unfortunately.

That is typically caused by the surface cell structure of the flower rays. The "conical cells" (or sometimes other shapes) partly pass and partly reflect light so there is an iridescent effect. If you change the angle of the light hitting the petals, the iridescence shifts. That's how you prove it is an iridescent effect and not some by product of underlying pigments.

Penso che: questo è un effetto iridescente causato delle cells sulla superficie(?) della petals. Le cells curvano(?) la luce.

That is typically caused by the surface cell structure of the flower rays. The "conical cells" (or sometimes other shapes) partly pass and partly reflect light so there is an iridescent effect. If you change the angle of the light hitting the petals, the iridescence shifts. That's how you prove it is an iridescent effect and not some by product of underlying pigments.

Penso che: questo è un effetto iridescente causato delle cells sulla superficie(?) della petals. Le cells curvano(?) la luce.

Andrea, thanks is a very precise technical explanation <3