UltravioletPhotography

Easier Aerochrome: The Triple Bandpass TB550/660/850

Christoph

• 8 months later...
lonesome_dave

Of all the ones you posted in this thread I like these best. The reds look more 'authentic' to the IR films.

Looks like you found the right setup and process!

The fourth one (yellow car) has a slight yellow-green cast to me. The other ones look "natural" instead. Do you white-balance them individually?

Yes, I white balanced them indvidually to see some of the variations. I take the white balance from different sorts of vegetation (mostly healthy grass), then do the channel mixer thing (but without IR subtraction), then white balance again, but this time of gray asphalt. Boost some contrast and done...

A bit off topic, it's interesting how I'm seeing trees in an entirely different way when they are red. Part of the wonder of Aerochrome, yes?

Would you happen to know what kind of tree that is in your 3rd photo just recently posted above? It is magnificent.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 10:32 AM, Andrea B. said:

Would you happen to know what kind of tree that is in your 3rd photo just recently posted above? It is magnificent.

@Andrea B.
It looks to me like a Thuja with variegated yellow-green foliage
there is a lot of confusion in the definition, some sell it as:
Thuja Aureo-variegata
Thuja orientalis Pyramidalis Aurea
Thuja occidentalis, also known as northern white cedar, eastern white cedar or western thuja.