UltravioletPhotography

Nons camera with Fuji instax mini film tries UV.

dabateman

4 hours ago, OlDoinyo said:

The newer versions of the Nons camera appear to have some kind of built-in teleconverter, and thus would probably be unsuited to UV work.

The 1.8x extension comes with the NONS and is removable.  I scanned mine and its UV cutoff was 350nm. So not bad to use it with UVA. The developers of this camera have known about my intentions to use it for UV and have been accommodating.  They switch the original M42 mount for a dead EF mount upon my request.  As I wanted this to work with more lenses. 

@dabateman this is fascinating. Didn't expect Instax film to be so sensitive to UVB and C.  The UAT throws a decent size image circle. Can't wait to see more images. Glad the UAT on eBay sold and removed all temptation. I wobbled a little when seller offered a discount.😬

Speaking of Pentax, medium format and UV, it is possible to shoot single Instax sheets in a Pentax 6x7. An Instax sheet fits perfectly between the 6x7 film rails. In the dark remove a sheet from the pack and load the 6x7. Shoot. Unload in dark, reinsert into empty Instax film pack, place film pack into Instax camera and eject. There are lots of how to videos on the web. An 80 or longer focal length El-Nikkor should fill the frame. I'll just continue using the UVC lamp to keep earphones clean 😊.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A