UltravioletPhotography

Colorful IR lum

I would like to show some of my results of infrared luminescence, for some plants and materials.

I am using visible LEDs (basically), + UV.

My first example: Apple flowers in a porcelain vase. This is performed by visible light only.

The source of re-radiation here: Apple tree leaves, porcelain, 'middle' of flower.

The flower petals do not emit light, they remain dark, but translucent.

I tried here to place 2 large objects with different radiation (leaves and porcelain) - in one photo, to get two different colors.

post-242-0-24921200-1607104769.jpg

Filter 720 RG-9. Light: 10W / 60 LED - 550 nm, 10W / 24 LED 450 - 460 nm.

Everything Led is blocked CЗС21_5mm (analogue of S8612_3 mm).

Note: I did this in a welding mask.

Interesting. 550 nm should look green on the yellow side, these LEDs are not very common in high power versions.

Did you use both LEDs (green and blue) at the same time?

Colin, You mean the "+ UV" vs the "450nm - 460nm" ?

Sounds like she is using two lights behind one filter:

450nm - 460nm light + 550nm light, both filtered with 'S8612 3mm' equivalent, which does limit the red end, but not the UV end, so there 'may' be some leaking UV present from the 450nm end?

So that is what I think she means, but she may mean something else.

Is that what you meant?

Colin, You mean the "+ UV" vs the "450nm - 460nm" ?

I'm sure Ninjin will clarify but this is the way I read it ....

She is going to "show some of my results of infrared luminescence" using Visible LEDs and UV. But what she is showing is just the first of these, and this one is "visible light only". So for this photo, the reference to UV does not apply.

Yes, I agree, because UV and Visual (green) are the two used for IR LUM, so I don't think she means at the same time, and I don't think she meant, like I was imagining, that the "UV" was some residual of the 450nm end of her lighting.

Like you said, she will explain it. :smile:

Cadmium, no, there isn't any leak. I used 5 different fixtures and all are blocked with the "S8612 3mm" equivalent, but they don't have a UV tail or even a purple tail.

If I want to add UV to the light - I have to turn on MTE or convoy or UV spotlight - additionally. In this photo, I did not do that.

Stefano, yes, in this photo I only used green and blue LEDs. Yes, at the same time. I have not used UV light here.

This LED light has no UV, I tested them, it is quite narrow. No UV or other colors. So, the light does not need a UV block.

Colin, thanks! Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't write right away.

So what I wanted to say: To take a photo this way - I have to use visible light only, starting from 'end of blue', and I have to go to blue-green, green.

Because IF I added UV, or purple blue, or start of blue, or blue only = I can get the luminescence of the flower petal.

Since I wanted to get the effect of a black transparent flower, and light from the leaves will pass through it, as through transparent black glass:

I have to make the light at the level when the luminescence of the petals has already gone out. But the luminescence of the leaves is still here. In the case of an apple tree, this light is a blue-green-green range, with a shift to green.

Here's a test example. This is a photo taken to compare the difference in radiation for artichoke.

Here, the center - LED is deep blue.

On the left, I used two MTE UV filtered torches. On the right is a pure green LED. All separately.

Also RG-9 720 on the camera.

Shows how the flower turns black here.

Upd. [For some reason I cannot load the image, probably some error..I do not know why is no download] :wacko:

Ninjin, Thank you! :smile:

If I am not mistaken, an example of the leaf and flower petals UVIIRF comparison is on the table at the base of the vase,

there are some petals which don't fluoresce, and there is a small leaf and stem that does fluoresce.

Cadmium, yes that's right! :grin: A small leaf fell there. Flowers remain dark.

post-242-0-86842400-1607239053.jpg

Ok, here is an example of the test I mentioned above. Now it turned out to load.

Shows how the flower turns black here. The artichoke petals are very thick so the transparent effect is not obtained.

Ninjin, Oh good! I am glad you got it to upload, I was wondering what it would be! :smile:

It reminds me of some of the 850nm LUM rudbeckia shots I took. I love eating artichokes, but I have never seen what their bloom looks like before.

Yes, it doesn't upload a photo.. I do not know why. The size is small.

I looked at your topic. Your examples are great and they all look very cool! :grin: Ok, I see you have already said in detail about some things, so is no point in repeating, anyway.

Ninjin, Keep trying to upload your photo, and more photos.

Don't worry about repeating anything, I didn't look at what my post said, I was just pointing to the 665nm 'post-visible red' LUM. :smile: