UltravioletPhotography

Ultrasonic cleaning filter test

Cadmium

Wait I am not supposed to stand directly in front of a high powered radar while illuminating it with a germicidal UVc bulb.

I will need new plans for tonight.

Please add a disclaimer at the top of the post on this!

No problem,

But remember standing on crocodiles just isn't good.

Back to ultra sound.

I might be wrong, but its not the indicated wavelengths that are the problem. But when it hits the water to clean your object, the sound waves are slowed and altered. I remember a variation in the pulse frequencies. More so than just from initiation and ending of the pulse. That too will cause variation as it gets up to and slows down from the main peak. But as it hits the object I remembered a distinct change in sound.

Kind of like ppssst, pppssst.

Best to always wear ear protection and don't wade around in there when it's on.

But remember standing on crocodiles just isn't good.

It is seldom good to stand on any animal. The are often hurt or offended by that. It is not nice. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic: I do find it humorous that humor is sometimes difficult to detect online. :cool:

You can always mark such comments with [h] and [/h] or a smiley.

Cadmium, thank you for going to the time and trouble to investigate ultrasound cleaning of filters.

Every country has a governmental agency which creates standards for use of hazardous materials or tools, so I suggest that everyone look to see if there are any regulations for ultrasound exposure. In the US, one would start at the Department of Labor, Occupational Health and Safety Administration.

Foam Ear Plugs would reduce the sound by about 25-30 dB.

Also, covering the ultrasound cleaner with a cardboard box would also help reduce the sound.

Andrea! Where have you been!? :smile:

You should try one, I mean for $25 +/-.

Especially for filters that are fairly clean anyway, drop them in, and even with just plain water it should clean them up, even with the glass in the ring.

Or put them in a zip lock bag with HP, either works.

My only complaint is that mine has the 8 minute running time limit, then it has to be restarted.

I have seen larger ones that have longer time limits, lik 90 minute run time.

And you can use it on other things.