UltravioletPhotography

IRG processing

bostwickenator

TIFs can be 8bit, but frankly I don't see why one should bother when 16bit is the standard.
Andy Perrin

Yes, also I refuse to use 8bit/channel on principle. It leads to terrible results in skies especially. As the kids say these days, yeet[*] it into the sun!

[*] yeet (verb) - to throw with extreme force

It appears that you don't have any level controls on this implementation--I find those to be useful.

Having the infrared gamma adjusted separately for each channel seems clumsy, as it is nominally the same parameter. In the Pixelbender script, there is a master slider adjusting it simultaneously in every channel, with two "correction" sliders supplied for the R-->G and G-->B channels if needed (I don't use these very much.) The WavelengthPro interface is very similar.

Notice the way I label the channels. If you just say "red" or "green" people can be confused: "green" could be either the R-->G channel or the G-->B channel.

bostwickenator
Seems like this solution doesn't fit what people expect. Quite a variety of distinct deal breakers were identified and only one person seemed immediately interested in the concept of doing this in browser if those were addressed. That being I'll just keep working on it for my own use cases.