UltravioletPhotography

Stars in daytime?

Andy Perrin

I don't know if this is helpful or relevant, but IR starwheel photography at night is definitely a thing:

post-66-0-61562800-1581544403.jpg

(Sanpete County, UT; Sony A900, ISO800, Tamron zoom @ f/5, Zomei 850 filter, 50 stacked 1-minute exposures in max-brightness mode)

I have fantasized about pulling this off in UV, but that is a stiffer challenge!

Yep, so that proves that the stars are putting out enough IR to photograph if you have sufficient brightness to overcome the background (as is the case at night).
Yes, this is what I said, trying this at night to see if it is possible. And it is. Is the sky glow resulting from light pollution from a nearby city?
Yes, the sky was not perfectly clear when this was taken--the lights of Spring City, Mount Pleasant, and Moroni are visible in the near distance and those of the Wasatch Front conurbation reflect off the clouds beyond the mountains.
Pointing at the polar star would be a good idea. No need to “chase” it. Just point the camera right and you are done. I remind everyone that, since this star (almost) doesn’t move, you can set up your camera on a tripod in the evening (or early night), and leave it there. In daytime, this star will still be in (almost) the same place.

Somewhat tangential to the subject, but concerning the ability to see stars in the daytime with the naked eye from high altitudes or space (much more difficult than one would think:)

http://www.sciencefo...en-in-daylight/

I begin to wonder to what extent it is possible at all from the ground, though larger targets such as Venus and Jupiter are evidently visible in daylight if one knows where to point a telescope.

Sirius has been photographed just before sunset,but at magnitude -1.46 it is unusually bright--most of the stars are much dimmer, and I don't know if this counts as daytime anyway.

is a video claiming to show Aldebaran (magnitude 0.8) in daylight.