UltravioletPhotography

Differences between normal UV and deeper UV

Stefano

The camera is more sensitive to visible light, so perhaps we would increase the percentage layering for the visible photo? Actually I never thought until this topic today about attempting any kind of contamination simulation made by layering opacities of uv, vis or ir.

I think that the consensus of opinion here on UVP has been that when dealing with IR, everyone wants to be at least OD 4.0 - 4.5. The tradeoff, of course, being longer exposures for larger OD.

I have a suspicion but no facts that the Kolari UV-Pass filter is probably made with ZBW glass because it has such a low transmission rate compared to other manufactured, coated filters. If the Kolari is made from ZBW, then any visible/IR passage is *quite* successfully blocked.

However, for do-it-yourself stacking, we are unfortunately limited in how we can block visible passage.

Thanks, Cadmium, for the green leak review. It's been about 3 years or so since you & I were discussing that. I was pretty sure UG11 was a bit better on that score but was not sure. Moot point at 2 mm thickness, however, as you have noted.