UltravioletPhotography

Cheap Alternative To IRChrome (Possibly)

eye4invisible

Hi! I used alot of information on this forum to experiment with budget filters. I wont spend over $20 for a filter(58mm). Using 2 Neewer brand Blue filters(not the same blue) you get a perfect Aerochrome effect. This filter stack is way different than others, as there is no IR cutoff. The Blue and IR light is balanced without a need for a IR cutoff. All for around $40. This essentially lets in more light. I can post more in a new topic, if there is interest. Attached picture is SOOC.

post-288-0-70398200-1577926881.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I used alot of information on this forum to experiment with budget filters. I wont spend over $20 for a filter(58mm). Using 2 Neewer brand Blue filters(not the same blue) you get a perfect Aerochrome effect. This filter stack is way different than others, as there is no IR cutoff. The Blue and IR light is balanced without a need for a IR cutoff. All for around $40. This essentially lets in more light. I can post more in a new topic, if there is interest.

Nice. What two filters?

I did you one up on cheaper and stacked two cyan gells behind a clear filter. I took photos like these with them. The filters were more cyan so the skis end up more cyan. I wish I had an IR cutoff to keep the blue channel more reserved for visual blue.