UltravioletPhotography

I love this thread. Great fotos and some fun wordplay.

Cadmium, your K explorations are worthy.

I thought two As would be BAY-der? “Bay” as in the body of water or the color of a horse?

For non-US members, Bob is referencing the dropping of a final ‘r’ which is common in the northeastern US - Boston and environs in particular. Also Maine.

I’m going to go look for my K filters. ;-)

Yes Cadmium your photos are great. Magical, and no one is complaining. However, we need something to complain about. So the thread wandered.

Ulf, that link is not so good. As I click down through the many options, I heard all the different ways to pronounce the word.

I too have always in my head said B-eh-der.

But now I realized something. I don't talk to people. I write and read on photo message boards. So how I say it has no impact what so ever. So as long as I spell things correctly, you will know what I am talking about.

It's not as easy as it looks. You have to stand there, you have to point the camera, and you have to press a button.

A couple Hrommagicus panoramas.

All the photos in this topic were shot in a filbert orchard area.

post-87-0-51273500-1559521836.jpg

post-87-0-69288700-1559544380.jpg

However, we need something to complain about. So the thread wandered.

Ulf, that link is not so good. As I click down through the many options, I heard all the different ways to pronounce the word.

I too have always in my head said B-eh-der.

Complaining, complaining. ;-)

Too many options...

All not correct, but most of the German versions are and that is logical as the company is German.

Also the majority of the others manage to pronounce the aa-sound correct.

If you try to apply some logic when listening you might weed out the wrong ones.

At least I find it quite easy and I'm not a master in linguistics.

Steve, I really like these Latin, Hrommagicus shots, especially when the different vegetation's are highlighted in the many different reds, wonderful, thanks ;-)

Colin, Thank you! :)

You can do the same using B-410 2mm stacked with KG3 2mm, it will just look more orange, but it will have more differentiation than using B-410 alone.

White balance on gray card in camera, easy and simple, no post, no mess.

Thanks again!

Hrommagicus filter, Nikon D7000 UV/IR, 18-55mm VR lens.

A spooky old house in among the filbert orchards in the late afternoon.

post-87-0-52467000-1559609766.jpg

Cadmium,

Did you change the second photo in post #29 above? I like the new one better. The one that is there now. Or I just remembered wrong. But I could have sworn the first time I read that post the second photo had a turquoise sky.

Notice here, the large round flashing red railroad crossing lights, which are completely black to the Hrommagicus filter, and so is the red paint on the lowered railroad crossing gate arm.

Yet the trees on the distant hillside are red.

Here is the same railroad crossing in Google Street View:

https://www.google.c...!7i13312!8i6656

post-87-0-52098700-1560056252.jpg

bobfriedman

For non-US members, Bob is referencing the dropping of a final ‘r’ which is common in the northeastern US - Boston and environs in particular. Also Maine.

I was actually kidding.. I don't have the Boston accent.. ask Cadmium

I really say. Baar - Der

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's like "Ba" as in ba-ba-black sheep and then "ader" similar as you'd say other... :D

Is this Hrommagicus a stack of KG3 and a Lee #729? ;)

ps.: if you are singing Ba-Ba-Black Sheep right now then feel free to blame me :D

Once upon a time there was a terrorist group called the Baader Meinhoff gang.

The newsys pronounced it ba-der

ba as in ba ba blackshep or ba humbug

der as in dermatology or Allan Dershowitz

If you like old TV science fiction, you might pronounce it ba - ader ;)