UltravioletPhotography

Enhanced UVB sensitivity in monochrome converted EOS 5DSR

JMC

Andrea B.
That red/yellow raw doesn't look quite right for a raw without white balancing? Perhaps the saturation was boosted?
Andrea, keep in mind it's a very peaky HgXe lamp. That could be why it looks different. Spectra of the lamp is on page 1. No additional modification of the image was done.
Andrea B.

Yes, I think that is the reason for the unusual colours.

Do you have Raw Digger? I am wondering what this image looks like there.

This image makes an important point about attempting to correlate colour to wavelength. Lighting must be standardized and carefully accounted for in any such efforts.

Andrea, yes for all my comparison images, I load them into RawDigger as RAW composite images, and then do a screenshot to try and get them as unprocessed as possible. I've had mixed results with the RawDigger 'export as TIFF' function, maybe because of my 5DSR raw files. I find it easier just to try and grab a screen shot.

With regards to lighting, absolutely. Adrian taught me an interesting term in one of my early chats with him - "harmonisation" - taking into account the sensor response, lens transmission, filter transmission and light spectra to understand what the overall distribution of imaged wavelengths is, and how each contributes to the total. Lighting is just as important as everything else.