UltravioletPhotography

Godox AD600BM to modify for UV

ulf

1 hour ago, Blazer0ne said:

I get what you are saying. It could be some type of overload protection as voltage returns back to the circuits. So, in your experience has placing modified tubes on other strobes caused any longterm issues?

Or it could be that the impedance of th DIY tube let the current variation  during the flash process deviate too much from the expected behaviour, signalling as a defect flash tube.

The unit then tries to protect itself against a possible major breakdown that could damage the electronics. There are very high currents flowing and relatively high voltages and slew-rates, that can cause inductive kickbacks.

I have not seen any problems with my AD200, except for the tiny quartz tube that Enrico recommended in his first post. A 40Ws tube on a 200Ws flash unit is a bad match asking for the meltdown I had with a few of those tubes. 

• 9 months later...

I have some quantum flash tubes for the QX 200ws flashes they made. they have a yellowish coating, is there anyway to remove that yellowish coating with somme sort of acid? to get uv light out?