UltravioletPhotography

CIR with #12 yellow & 590nm filters

For the heck of it, I ran your first file through the Pixelbender filter to see what would happen:

post-66-0-25767300-1543283571.png

I did not do a lot of fine tweaking beyond the slider settings in the PB filter itself; the results are somewhat similar to what you got, though the yellows came out a bit brighter for me.

I think your step 1 is roughly equivalent to the red/blue channel swap. Your step 2 may be equivalent to the R-->G and G-->B infrared fraction adjustments.

I use Pixelbender in a stand-alone runtime environment, not as a plug-in. I have not figured out how to use it as a plug-in. I do not have the Efex software.

Clarke,

That looks excellent for one step processing. In CS6, most of my adjustments and tweaks are done by eye, so it's just a matter of judgment as to how far you push it. If you have a yellow filter handy, try setting a CWB capture on gray, then process with PB to see what you get.

It would appear that there are many ways to achieve the same results.

This is edited using my usual process in MATLAB/Photoshop/PhotoNinja (described here):

post-94-0-57683100-1543359751.jpg

Many thanks to GaryR for providing the RAW. The final tweeks, done by eye, were: 1) saturation adjustment (big increase) 2) white balance off the roof of the little hut. 3) autotone + fading it by a lot.

Bonus: doing PCA (Principle Component Analysis) and putting the channels in an Lab file resulted in this picture, which demonstrates that certain of the leaves are different than the others.

post-94-0-51974500-1543367007.jpg

Thanks for running my ARW file through Matlab Andy. It turned out quite different that your excellent "Flying with Tiffen #12" post, with a lot more yellow showing in this color profile. I'm guessing that it could be the difference between a Nikon sensor and a Sony sensor.

With that in mind, I decided to actually try Nick Spiker's Aerochrome profile. I figured that the a7Rii and a7R sensors are similar enough, that I didn't need to create a new profile with Matlab, so I just downloaded Nick's "Aerochrome.exe" profile. http://www.nickspike.../Aerochrome.exe

It's definitely a more complicated method , but I'm intrigued by the results.

My original edit............................................................................................................................... Aerochrome.exe profile

post-189-0-07255600-1543370448.jpg