UltravioletPhotography

UV Index & Photography

colinbm

On the original topic, I seem to remember that no sunlight reaches the ground below 280 nm. The lower atmosphere itself becomes increasingly opaque below 220 nm and vey opaque below 200 nm (the vacuum UV range.) Any recordable light in the 220-280 nm range must come from extrasolar sources such as lightning, corona discharges, or man-made sources. That is not to say that such cannot exist...

and then there is the use of ozone for sterilizing... and ozone produced by UVC...

...just thought I would toss those thoughts into the quagmire.

Photochemical ozone is the plague if you have ever had to use a xenon arc lamp, which puts out lots of short wave UV--extra ventilation is definitely required. OTOH, some ozone generators actually work this way.
I have fond memories of firing up a circular dichoism machine and smelling the ozone. It was a warning that you didn't wait 30 minutes for the lamp to warm up before firing and everyone knew your mistake. Thats about the sum total of my ozone experience.

Ozone is often used for cleaning water, air, you name it, and easily produced with electric arc, in home, lighting...

Ozone is an oxidizer. Oxygen Reduction Potential.

Photography?