UltravioletPhotography

ICF data available

lost cat

That's true, but then the camera would not be mentioned as a full-spectrum-modified device

For the link/image provided, it doesn't say it is full spectrum, it just states modified.

Hmmm. Good point, too. And yet, in some other related links on that site, I believe I saw "full spectrum modified" listed. I could be wrong, of course. Sometimes the mind sees one thing, and decides to read it as something else. :-)

That's true, but then the camera would not be mentioned as a full-spectrum-modified device, nor would it make sense to even go through the trouble of using it in place of an unconverted stock camera ... given the context of the main photo archive and its aim to obtain images beyond visible bandwidth.

Igor, people who shoot deep sky objects, including nebulae with Canon cameras almost always replace the stock ICF with Baader or Astrodon UVIR-cut filters. For example, LifePixel offers such convertion. Or they use full-spectrum cameras with narrow band H-alpha filters.

The reason for it is twofold:

- to be able to record H-alpha line at 690 nm, which is an important part of the emission spectrum of nebulae.

- block UV and IR when using camera lenses or refractor telescopes that are by their design not superachromatic and will show chromatic aberration if IR is not filtered out.

Read the text in this link to the very end: http://www.astropix....ROP/DSLR_HA.HTM