UltravioletPhotography

Quest for a UV-capable wide-angle lens

Thanks Alex - I obviously stand corrected. I did overlook the minute threads.

The small filter diametre obviously opens for a lot of opportunities if I wish to put the Tamron onto another camera, for example, my FX D600. Now have to search for suitable step-up rings ...

I tested the focusing ability in UV on my D3200 (internal Baader U2") and the Tamron 21 focuses to 20 cm as near limit (5 cm closer than specified). It goes out of focus at a remote distance of about 250 m, and just barely manages infinity when stopped down to f/11. As I primarily intended it for use on the D3200, this focusing range for UV is all right at present. The visible focusing range ends at 1 m so nothing to write home about, but have much better alternatives for that usage anyway (AFS Nikkor 20/1.8 is one of these).

I'll concentrate on making a new mount for it instead. Adding rear filters will be a task for later.

Sorry to hear that you got an incomplete lens. I would check with the seller about what happened with the filter.
Yes, I will contact the seller and complain just in case he has forgotten to ship the filter. However, not my biggest worry as the lens focuses pretty OK in UV without this filter (using the Tamron on a camera with internal UV bandpass filtration).