UltravioletPhotography

Color versus Wavelength

Andrea B.

It is not easy reading in a language which is not one's own. There are many translation nuances! For one thing, in English we do not follow quite the same sentence structure as in German. :unsure:

I've been on the difficult side of the language thing when traveling in Italy where I know just enough Italian to misunderstand many things!!. So I will always try to restate or re-explain anything in English if it is helpful to someone trying to understand.

But back to the colour wavelength correlation for UV wavelengths. It would be extremely useful to know for certain subjects what the potential UV range is. There is a databank of measurements of flower rays/petals, for example. That might tell us whether there are any flowers having a double-humped UV reflection between 300-400nm which is something I've always wanted to know.

I agree! Having no english lessons for 25 years doesn't make things easier.

But it isn't only the structure of sentences. If you compare the english and the german version on Wikipedia then you can see the whole page has a different structure and even the expressions are not the same!

The wavelength to data conversion problem and of course the way back remains unsolved.