UltravioletPhotography

Multispectral freckles (or lentigines)

Today I took a few UV/IR photos of some people in my university, including the arm of one girl who is covered in freckles (or similar). Also I used a Helios lens I have, it passes UV to about 340-350 nm and so it should behave similarly to a Canon 40 mm f/2.8 pancake.

I had a PTFE square, but I didn't use it for these photos. Photos rendered in black and white.

Full-spectrum Canon EOS M, Helios-44M-5 (stopped down, maybe at f/8).

- UV: ZWB2 (2 mm) + Chinese BG39 (2 mm);

- VIS: Chinese BG39 (2 mm). There should be a negligible amount of UV contamination;

- IR: Hoya R72.

UV (ISO 800, 1/2 s):

UV.jpg.dcfaa5d7c9719b46d4423fdf8e2e5277.jpg

VIS (ISO 100, 1/500 s):

VIS.jpg.67ad08dad5fb13b12722c0f3b97f715a.jpg

IR (ISO 100 1/500 s):

IR.jpg.a71f7b04c951c3a6f1ecbbb3d1d3e3b8.jpg

Tricolour/composite (blue: UV; green: VIS; red: IR):

Composite.jpg.53ffa1d5ed3d1bac6be215c22091e4cd.jpg

How did you manage to switch the filters quick enough I don't know. I always wondered what people would look like in various non-one-shot representations but I was convinced it would need to be someone who is deeply sedated or worse.. Not that that would be very good.

15 hours ago, Stefano said:

I just told her to stay still. I would say it took 1-2 minutes to take all the shots.

Jesus, she must have been a living statue.

It wasn't very difficult (she was sitting and her hand was resting on a surface).

Also, I had to align the images for the composite stack.

The TriColour photos Bernard Foot took of his wife are a real feat. I think they aren't visible now (they were in a gallery).

4 hours ago, Stefano said:

It wasn't very difficult (she was sitting and her hand was resting on a surface).

Also, I had to align the images for the composite stack.

The TriColour photos Bernard Foot took of his wife are a real feat. I think they aren't visible now (they were in a gallery).

Oh yeah, it's such a shame the post was hidden. I am not sure why it happened.

Read this: 

Also, this specific post appears to be post #50,000.

Bernard did an awesome work a few years ago. According to Andrea's post above, his topic should be stored somewhere.

He made his wife stay still for a UV TriColour, visible light and IR TriColour photos, so I think 7 different photos requiring filter changes and refocusing.

On 7/22/2023 at 9:33 PM, Fandyus said:

Oh yeah, it's such a shame the post was hidden. I am not sure why it happened.

Here it is: 

Andrea has restored gallery topics. Now they are back online.

13 hours ago, Stefano said:

Here it is: 

Andrea has restored gallery topics. Now they are back online.

Thanks, I've already seen. I downloaded the page to my computer in case it ever gets privated again. I want to be able to look at those fascinating pictures.