UltravioletPhotography

MaxMax monochrome UV USB camera software?

Lou Jost

I recently found a reasonably-priced MaxMax 8Mp monochrome IR-Vis-UV USB camera with no sensor cover, along with a 25mm quartz lens. I'm thrilled about this, and I'm hoping to use it as a microscope camera using UV light. Does anyone know the lowest wavelength that can be imaged by this camera?

No software info came with it. So I tried my standard astrophotography camera software, Sharpcap. It worked! I could adjust exposure speed and choose between file formats and color space. The "color spaces" allowed were MJPG and YUY2. The MJPG format showed severe compression artifacts but YUY2 output looked fairly uncompressed. 

But there may be better dedicated software for this camera. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Excellent Lou, have fun.
I have been looking at Silicon metal spheres, they have nice mirror reflectance.
From my looking at reflectance graphs they are most reflective at around 250nm, so that maybe the limit for photography ?
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrius-Janulevicius/post/What-causes-reflection-increase-in-silicon-reflection-spectrum/attachment/59d624176cda7b8083a1f259/AS%3A365969928146946%401464265438620/image/svarus+si%2C+textur%2C+texturAR%2C+palydovAR.jpg

Lou, does the camera produce a raw file? If so, what is the file format?

I don't know. I imagine there needs to be specific software for it. Maybe someone who uses the camera can tell us. At the moment I can get tiffs in Yuy2 color space which, for monochrome imagery, is presumably uncompressed.