UltravioletPhotography

Mushroom in UV

Pentax K-1 Kolari Vision modified full spectrum with EL-NIKKOR 80mm lens and extension tubes. Schott S8612 (2mm) and Hoya U360 (2mm). ISO 100 120 seconds at F11. Seems like ages since I had time to shoot and post here.  

Thanks for looking,

Doug A

IMGP5072overlappingmushroomsUV80.jpg

Thanks Doug.

I have been noticing that the underside of mushrooms seems to be more interesting with fluorescence and fine structures than the tops.

@dabatemanhere is the underside. Wasn't much light underneath, so I went for a wide open, "artsy" shot. Didn't work out so well. No wonder it wasn't posted originally :). @Nateglad you had a chance to do some photography. I haven't had much chance either. Bought two Kolari filters that return the Pentax K-1 back to stock. I've taken about six pictures in three months. Hope to do more this year.

Thanks for Looking,

Doug A

IMGP5062bottomofmushroomsUVWEB.jpg

Thanks @Andy Perrin, @StephanN, and @dabateman. The original Raw file is dark. Might have raised the shadows too much and over compensated.  

I changed lenses for the underneath photo. This is the Asahi Optical Company Super-Takumar 35mm F3.5. It may not record as deep in UV as the 35mm clone, but it is so much nicer to shoot with. Used same filters as above at ISO 1600 and F 3.5. 

Thanks for looking and commenting,

Doug A

• 2 months later...

Oohhh, I really like that underside shot too. Turned out great!
-Helicoid adapter, or is that minimum focus distance on the Super Tak, or just large mushrooms??