UltravioletPhotography

New Adaptalux Pod Mini UV on Kickstarter

Doug A

Adaptalux is offering a new unit on Kickstarter. It uses the same lighting arms as their studio unit. One of the packages has 365nm UV arms for UVIVF. I love my Nemo lights, but the Adaptalux would be so much easier to position. I'll probably pledge for a set. 

Thanks,

Doug A

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2022 at 6:06 PM, Doug A said:

Do you like the UV arms? I pledged for the two Pod Mini/UV arms kit. 

Thanks,

Doug A

I have 2 UV arms. I like them but haven't used them enough. One was replaced under warranty, it burned out the first minute it was used.

The optical power output is much lower than from the Nemo, but that might be compensated by placing the LEDs closer to the motif.

When mounted on the camera it will be very difficult to avoid blur when light painting! 😉 

@ulf agree totally. I'm thinking of using them very close up for small items and as UV focusing aids with flash. I may even get around to using them for what they were designed for, UVIVF :). It will be something to look forward to in January.  Was a little surprised 22 people picked the UV package. That is a fairly high percentage. I like to support companies making affordable UV products. They haven't chosen a road to instant riches.

Had to edit this because I just got your pun. Difficult indeed. 

A funny electronics story for you. Years ago my boss brought in one of his stage light controllers with loose connectors. He was attempting to repair it. Said soldering rarely worked and he usually had to buy another $200 unit.  I walk by 5 minutes later and he is vigorously shaking the wire as the new solder joint is cooling. He said hot solder needed to be stirred as it cooled. :). From that day on I did the soldering and he didn't have to buy anymore units. 

Thanks,

Doug A