UltravioletPhotography

AccuRaw Monochrome vs Monochrome2DNG for CFA-Free Cameras?

Doppler9000

I am considering a debayered camera and wondered about the practical advantages and disadvantage people have found with the above programs.  I can use either Mac or PC-based software.

For starters the AccuRaw Mono program is $129 and the Monochrome2DNG is only $24.99.

Both apps offer a trial period. 

But, like you, I would appreciate some input as to how well the apps actually work if anybody has tried them.

lukaszgryglicki

I have AccuRaw Mono and it works very good for me, especially on creating higher resolution images. What exactly do you want to know? 

8 hours ago, lukaszgryglicki said:

I have AccuRaw Mono and it works very good for me, especially on creating higher resolution images. What exactly do you want to know? 

Thank you for responding.

How do you find the program, in terms of usability?  Can you give a quick overview of how it fits into your workflow?

lukaszgryglicki

Well I like it, it is quite simple to use, not too many controls - best for you to try demo with water marks AFAIK.

I also like its "batch mode" - I can save entire settings set under name, say X nd then select 100 raw files and apply X while importing the to JPG or whatever else.