UltravioletPhotography

Goldie with Lee scuba blue + Kenko ya3 (orange)

Hello.
In the first tests with the Lee #729 I didn't get the aerochrome sooc effect :( ....I don't know why! maybe it has to do with the white balance of the camera (I've tried many wb settings without success).
So I decided to combine the #729, which I placed between the sensor and the lens mount, with other color filters.
Using Kenko ya3 I got this beautiful and vibrant goldie effect by messing with the channel mixer and switching channels....

The day is cloudy and dusty from North Africa

_1060695_web.jpg

7 minutes ago, colinbm said:

Always nice to see a goldie.

Yes for sure.....but what i was trying to achieve was the aerochrome effects sooc......and i am too far from that unfortunatly ....

Can you post a RAW file of one of your scuba blue shots? Maybe its a matter of postprocessing? When I remember correctly -- White Balance is around 10000 Kelvin with these pseudo Aerochrome/IR Chrome styles...

But yeah - never had luck with scuba blue either. Always used Peacock blue AND the chinese hot mirror. The resulting look is the same as IR Chrome...

Its not just a lee 729 filter, but you also need some IR reduction filter. Did you use a Kg3 or GRB3 filter? 

The genuine kg3 is best at 2mm, but the GRB3 can work.

Shame on me...... i think i made a mistake and the filter i was using was the #730 !!!! ......in the swatchbook the transmission graph is found immediately after the filter and not before....holy God.
Tomorrow i will try to use the correct #729 ....grrrr

3 hours ago, dabateman said:

Its not just a lee 729 filter, but you also need some IR reduction filter. Did you use a Kg3 or GRB3 filter? 

The genuine kg3 is best at 2mm, but the GRB3 can work.

I use the chinese GRB3

4 hours ago, Christoph said:

Can you post a RAW file of one of your scuba blue shots? Maybe its a matter of postprocessing? When I remember correctly -- White Balance is around 10000 Kelvin with these pseudo Aerochrome/IR Chrome styles...

But yeah - never had luck with scuba blue either. Always used Peacock blue AND the chinese hot mirror. The resulting look is the same as IR Chrome...

Thanks Christoph.....my fault....i think i had used the wrong filter....

It should work with both, but (if I recall correctly) peacock blue is much closer to IR Chrome - it may depend on the sensor/camera though...