UltravioletPhotography

Things Not Needed in a Converter App

Andrea B.

Things Not Needed in a Converter App

1) The Milky Way

2) Giraffes

Alternate title:  The Wonders of AI

This from Luminar 4 - a perfectly replaced sky in an IR photo and a Giraffe.

Sorry, I couldn't resist... I have been wearing myself out attempting to find a non-SilkyPix converter which will white balance my S1R files. While trying out Luminar 4, I wandered into the AI Tools area.

s1r_co60_ir092_sun_20211202laSecuela_3360.jpeg

Did you also just get it from Humble Bundle? They have a great deal going on right now, you get Luminar 4, Luminar AI, Aurora HDR and Photolemur for 20$ or thereabouts. I got it and my feelings are mixed. Luminar 4 is pretty good at times but it lacks some functions I'd like. Luminar AI has been too sluggish to use. Aurora HDR tends to majorly overcook the images and cause halos. Photolemur seems ok for what it is but pretty much useless for what we do here. Might use it if I ever take pictures of a social gathering again, but I don't think that'll be soon, not a party person. (or at least I don't get invited :'))

Aurora can be great but you have to hardly breathe on the controls or you are in Candyland. But sometimes it’s fun to go to Candyland!

DADA

Developed in reaction to World War I, the Dada movement consisted of artists who rejected the logic, reason, and aestheticism of modern capitalist society, instead expressing nonsense, irrationality, and anti-bourgeois protest in their works. 

Dada represented the opposite of everything which art stood for. Where art was concerned with traditional aesthetics, Dada ignored aesthetics. If art was to appeal to sensibilities, Dada was intended to offend.

SURREALISM

Surrealism was a cultural movement that developed in Europe in the aftermath of World War I in which artists depicted unnerving, illogical scenes and developed techniques to allow the unconscious mind to express itself.

Works of Surrealism feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur

These giraffes are somewhere in between Dada & Surreal.

The reticulated giraffe depicted in the infrared(?) photo is in fact endangered. A melancholy thought...I remember when they were relatively common, back in the 1960s and 1970s.

I think Lomography is the modern photographic descendant of Dada....