UltravioletPhotography

TESTNG: Upload of Birna's UV Poppy Video

Andrea B.

The new forum software has more video capability, so you might like to test that.

How a particular type of video is viewed might also depend on your browser. If the video won't run in one browser, perhaps try another.

I'm going to test an upload of Birna's Poppy Video. She filmed the poppy flashing its iridescence in the wind on a bright sunny day.  I viewed this mp4 video in Safari with no problem.

Rørslett, B. (2021) Eschscholzia californica Cham. (Papaveraceae) California Poppy. Ultraviolet video.

Gear: Panasonic Lumix H-2 (full spectrum) + Coastal 60/4.0 + BaaderU UV-Pass Filter in Sunlight

Interesting new perspective to see such a subject in motion. Should probably be done with other subjects as well. I would do it but my 1100D isn't exactly good when it comes to video..

Done with the Panasonic GH-2 (full spectrum mod) and Coastal 60mm f/4 APO lens. Baader U.  Nice to see that video works on the "new" UVP. I viewed it in Firefox/Windows without problems.

Andrea ambled over and wondered what I was doing sprawled on the desert floor.  You can hear her voice at the end of the clip.

lukaszgryglicki

Great video! I had some videos too, didn't uploaded them. For making videos I really preferred a fast lens with AF (looks like Nikkor 50/1.8 was performing OKfor me in the full sunlight).

I have lots of UV video material, but there is a gruelling task to redact them and make acceptable clips. Need to attend to such matters after I have completed my Aquatic Plant Project for this year.

In particular I remember shooting some pretty, small Taraxacum sect. Erythrosperma during spells of snow, wind, and hail storm. I have to cull those videos from my archives. Low light yet no real problem with the Coastal lens (and a sturdy tripod).

I like that flower’s “Marilyn Monroe moment” Birna!

The video itself displays on my iPhone but the preview frame does not. 

DC47B4AF-2DF3-4130-B423-A0E1A22924DB.png.33b2e6c55297099cb073c8a934004e49.png

Andy, that post is confusing with the enormous quote. I'm not sure what you are trying to show me/us?? Is it the arrow?? On Safari, which I am on now, I see the first post with only an arrow. What is seen is browser dependent.

And.......I have just logged onto UVP with my Firefox browser only to find that the video does NOT display or run at all. So I must post some kind of note that videos only work in Safari? Too strange. I'll try to figure it out.

The Poppy video shows just fine in my various Firefox installations.

Here is another video clip. I found a UV video of  Caltha palustris in spring hail.  I had a more unpleasant experience than the flowers?

TESTING: I need to test another setting so videos might not be embeddable for a few minutes.

TESTING:

I am now testing video upload for a particular setting.

TESTING:  OK that video upload worked and can be played.

Now I need to test a UVP link copy and paste.

On my phone, the quote did not (and still does not) appear enormous, so sorry about that. It probably uploaded at the resolution of my phone display?

Anyway, yes, the point was that I see an arrow not a preview frame. 

Andy is indicating that he sees a white background with a play arrow.

I see a picture of some dark flowers with a play arrow. 

Andy time to get a better phone 😜