UltravioletPhotography

Some uvivf

Here is some images i did of various outdoor and natures objects. Was already chilly at night so plantlife was fading.

Camera used is a SonyA6000 modified + uv/ir cut filter + green filter + in camera white balance

Lumanpro 365nm torch

10 seconds at night, painted with the torch

I think probably to reduce the IR a bit more? Not sure what the cutoff of the “UV/IR cut” filter is but many of them (if they work at all) have cutoffs that are like 750nm or so, which includes a bit of IR.

Through testing, the green filter just helps reduce any light overflow.

There is no IR..it was 3am with nonstreet lights or any light....the 365nm torch puts out no IR light. The uv/ir cutof filter is sufficient, also confirmed through testing with IR lights and filters 720-950nm i have.

I dont know ehy youd think this is IR...what you see is what my eyes see.

And the torch has a built in Uv filter and puts out the same light amount with a newly aquired hoya u-340 + zwb1 with or without my s8612 2mm and no light with my uv/ir cut filter.

Through testing, the green filter just helps reduce any light overflow.

There is no IR..it was 3am with nonstreet lights or any light....the 365nm torch puts out no IR light. The uv/ir cutof filter is sufficient, also confirmed through testing with IR lights and filters 720-950nm i have.

I dont know ehy youd think this is IR...what you see is what my eyes see.

IxnaX, when you shine 365nm light on most things, they emit all the way out into the infrared, not just the visible range. So I meant I thought you put it to cut off the IR fluorescence and limit it to just the visible range, since you are photographing with a full spectrum camera which would otherwise record both.

As an example, look at the UVIIF ("UV Induced Infrared Fluorescence") photo I took here, which is the next to last one of the series:

https://www.ultravio...ir-1500-1600nm/

It is full spectrum... It has a vigorous hot mirror on the lens... I tested it for leaks when i got it. When put over 720-950nm pass filters, no image is formed. Tests included incandescent light bulbs, sun and IR leds
IxnaX, I was not questioning your equipment, I was trying to suggest an answer to microbat52's question. Sounds like I was wrong about why you were using the green filter, that's all.

First image is visible light only, second image is vis+ir with UV cut, third image is UV+vis with IR cut.

Green filter cuts all UV from the torch, S8612-2mm cuts any ambient IR from the image.

Green filter was on the lens for IR+vis image.

S8612 was on the lens for UV+vis image

Hot mirror was on thr lens for vis only.

Snow disappeared in Vis only image... Same effect occured with my eyes, snow sorta went invisable when using torch.

Grass showed florescence to my eyes as you see in VIS.

Rock at the bottom is phosphorescent and has a short after glow when hit with torch then turned off.

I don't think so -- if the UV/IR cut + R72 was enough to give you no transmission in sunshine, then that would have gotten rid of the IR fluorescence as well as any ambient IR. What are you using for your UV/IR cut filter?

Its an ICE uv/ir cut filter multicoated.

They say 99.4% transmission 400-700nm.

But i got the S8612-2mm in December and get the same results stacking it on the ICE filter.

Ill have to wait to upload some pics...some of my previous pics i forgot to downsize and my quota is used

Yeah, you really need to know the out-of-band blocking, but it sounds like it's probably fine from your stack test. The IR fluorescence is usually faint, several stops down from the visible fluorescence also.

Ill search more for graphs...ive taken pics of pines and lichens with my phone and torch and the y exhibit the same color glows with the cruddy phone cam.

The most data i can do is a cd spectragram photo of the ICE filter... Thats how i see what gets cut with my homebrew Infrared bandpass filters. Simple, but effective.

I also have an Unmodified sony A6000.. forgot about him. I can take a cd spectragram with it... Then exchange the lens to the full spectrum one with the filter and repeat... That ought to show me if the filter returns it to default or close to it.