UltravioletPhotography

Lemon

microbat52

Love this lemon, Microbat. Well done.

Looking forward to more of your explorations.

On a photography site which is somewhat technically oriented like UVP, we like to see some info about the gear you used to make the photo. So it would be good to list camera, lens, illumination and, most iportantly, filters used when making the photo.

To include the photos within the text, put the cursor in the text where you want a particular photo then click the "Add to Post" button besides the list of files under the editing window. That way you won't see the Attached Images thing. And you can add captions above your photos.

Added the settings!

( The embedding of images only works on my desktop, not on my mobile)

Did a mouldy one yesterday, totally inspired by posts I saw here on the forum :D:

post-333-0-03959900-1607678989.jpg

Really like the first one. On a practical note, that's a very neat cut, even going through a pip. Also, I see not dust fluorescing in the background - you must have a very clean place Microbat, if I did that here I'd have loads of fluorescing dust particles.

Really like the first one. On a practical note, that's a very neat cut, even going through a pip. Also, I see not dust fluorescing in the background - you must have a very clean place Microbat, if I did that here I'd have loads of fluorescing dust particles.

Ha! Not at all. But i do wash that black cloth before taking photos and try not to hit it with the light.

And even then if there is too much i just get rid of the most offending particles in post.

I like the moldy one. Looks like an eye to me.

I have tons of molds in the fridge I want to image. But still haven't yet. Need to squeeze in some imagining time.

Thanks for these posts. Inspiring

I like the moldy one. Looks like an eye to me.

I have tons of molds in the fridge I want to image. But still haven't yet. Need to squeeze in some imagining time.

Thanks for these posts. Inspiring

Tell me more about your molds, are you like cultivating them? Or are you just like me and allways end up with a sad orange you forgot about?

We only tried to grow lions main mushroom, but it tried out.

All my others are accidental molds and fungi growing on apples, pomegranates, homemade jam in the fridge and other foods.

But there is a variety of various growths.

The mouldy fruits and gourds always make for awesome fluorescence photos in my experience.

All my others are accidental molds and fungi growing on apples, pomegranates, homemade jam in the fridge and other foods.

But there is a variety of various growths.

Damn, David, you need to clean your fridge! :grin:

Yes both need a deep clean. The garage fridge will spore in new fruit if left there for more than 4 days. Really amazing.

We mostly have penicillin species. But I should characterize the others. See all types of wonderful colors. Especially in cheese after a while.

You can cut off the white and bluish growths, but others will spore deep into the cheese and aren't safe to eat.

In Italy we have a moldy cheese called gorgonzola. It is similar (at least in appearence) to other moldy cheeses such as blue cheeses. It must be noted the mold is a specific one, Penicillium roqueforti, and not every mold is edible. I read and heard most Americans don't like it, I really do instead.

In Italy we have a moldy cheese called gorgonzola. It is similar (at least in appearence) to other moldy cheeses such as blue cheeses. It must be noted the mold is a specific one, Penicillium roqueforti, and not every mold is edible. I read and heard most Americans don't like it, I really do instead.

I used to love a thin slice of soft blue vein cheese with my avocado sandwich with lunch, it was devine........until I had a heart attack a number of years ago. They nailed it down to the soft blue vein cheese & anything fatty has been off my diet since....

What you like as a taste is often defined early.

If the "correct" taste of cheese becomes defined early by something bland yellow-tinte, melted on a hamburger in a box where you also get a toy, it can be difficult to widen your perspective.

One of my worst cheese memories is from New York.

We had to quickly grab something to eat and in a burger bar got "cheese" pumped onto the meat on a burger. It did not taste good and soon after I saw some cockroaches crawling in a corner.

This place was way worse than the common big brands selling burgers.

Normally I like many types of cheeses, from mild like quality Buffalo Mozzarella, to more aromatic ones, including the Gorgonzola, Silton and different types of goats cheese.

The Spanish Manchego is also very nice.

Some of the more powerful ones work quite well together with some really sweet jam.

When a friend of mine visited me from Gran Canaria she brought a very well cured Canarian goats cheese and a jar of very sweet pineapple jam. They combined fantastically well.

Fig jam or ginger bread can also mix well with some cheeses.

Blue lemon! Never thought mold could be so cool under UV.

Yes that's the problem. You end up keeping lots of stuff you really should have thrown out as it will look great, but you just don't have the time to image it yet.

Very nice series, the blue lemon is really interesting. Is the interior all mould? (It could help with some visual light references).

The inside looked kind of rotten

post-333-0-05738900-1607902723.jpg