UltravioletPhotography

[UV SAFETY WARNING] Reaspberry Pi HQ affordable Fast UV sensitive Sensor!

dabateman

Interesting, although windows have widely varying transmissions in UV and IR. Try putting other pieces of glass in front and see if any of them show a change.

I've seen photos on the board that showed windows that blocked almost no UV and ones that blocked a lot.

Interesting, although windows have widely varying transmissions in UV and IR. Try putting other pieces of glass in front and see if any of them show a change.

I've seen photos on the board that showed windows that blocked almost no UV and ones that blocked a lot.

Good idea, I just tried PDLC Smart Film (on and off) and it blocked everything. At least I have the sanity check that it's not visible light.

https://smile.amazon.com/HOHO-Electronic-Switchable-Electric-15cmx15cm/dp/B077P4QJT1

• 1 month later...

It's the software on the Jetson Nano. There is some camera configuration that I didn't apply. Let me try doing it now.

P.S.

https://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php?title=Raspberry_Pi_HQ_camera_IMX477_Linux_driver_for_Jetson

"IMPORTANT: You may see some washed-out colors in the captured image. This is because you haven't applied the ISP configuration file. Make sure to install the ISP file that you can find in the repo using..."

Good point.

The flower is about 0.3 meters from the lens. Using a "Cosmicar Television Lens 25mm 1:1.8" and it's min focus setting is at the 0.6m dial.

I'm turning the lens out of the C mount by a few threads to get it in focus.

Is that OK?

Or should I just order a 25mm that works for short distances?

Andy Perrin
Up to you, I've used the "turn the thread" method before and it works but the downside is that it won't hold its focus well (tends to get twisted by accident since it is loose) and it jiggles.
The turn out works. I like to stack a second 5mm C-mount to help with distance. Or you could just reuse a piece of black 3M electrical tape to hold it in place. Just turn, tape, remove tape, adjust add tape back. It works for a while.
You can make some washers to the thickness you need, that way the lens won't sag in the mount. Even cardboard will do.
Andy Perrin
MidOpt has a BP550nm that comes in many sizes? That's a dichroic filter. It passes 405-690nm. Blocking isn't that great but you don't need super strong UV blocking when visible light is being passed because sensor gain is very high in visible. It is easily available on eBay.

MidOpt has a BP550nm that comes in many sizes? That's a dichroic filter. It passes 405-690nm. Blocking isn't that great but you don't need super strong UV blocking when visible light is being passed because sensor gain is very high in visible. It is easily available on eBay.

Thanks. It's on the way.