UltravioletPhotography

5W UV

Harald

Unless I'm missing something, it's a giant ripoff? I think even the new "Nemo" light is probably at least 5W (even if it isn't really 15W). At a vastly lower price.
And they say that it has a Li-ion 18650 cell and the run time (they call it "burn time") is 8 hours. That's 5*8=40 Wh of energy. Diving it by 3.7 V gives us more than 10 Ah of capacity. The best 18650s around have a capacity of 3500 mAh, maybe 3600, not more than that. Even assuming that the average power is half of the "peak" one (2.5 W) that's more than 5000 mAh, you may find that in a high capacity 21700 cell, but not in a 18650.

I agree with Andy.

Back in the day, those MTE's cost a lot, but no one would get those anymore, the S2+ put those out of trend. Nemo not also, except we really don't know LED brand and such for those,

S2+ better documented, I always like the Nichia LED's best, and better documentation. Not to underestimate Ulf's tests, just mean that items that have no name, no LED name, and obviously over rated ad specs are not really to be trusted.

Also, a few things I don't like about the Nemo, battery cap has no grip, front end cap can be loose with filter glass on some. If they fixed those two things, and provided LED brand, then it would be better.

And they say that it has a Li-ion 18650 cell and the run time (they call it "burn time") is 8 hours. That's 5*8=40 Wh of energy. Driving it by 3.7 V gives us more than 10 Ah of capacity. The best 18650s around have a capacity of 3500 mAh, maybe 3600, not more than that. Even assuming that the average power is half of the "peak" one (2.5 W) that's more than 5000 mAh, you may find that in a high capacity 21700 cell, but not in a 18650.

Well stated Stefano!

I did a similar calculation also based on 8 hours, 3500mAh and 3.7V. With those figures you can only consume 1.6W, where some is lost in the driver circuit, not reaching the LED.

It might be that the LED-component itself is specified to a max input power of 5W, that never is utilized, but that would be a waste of money for the component costs.

Then the Nemo is closer to the correct specification with it's 8W., said to be 15W

Short answer is No.

The decimal or coma depending on your country is in the wrong place in the price. Thats a lot of money for a 1W flashlight, as said above would never hit 5W even if it does have a 5W led inside, which is doubtful.

What we call the 'Nemo' is the best we have for our money.

Needs a little upgrade like Ulf has explained in a thread recently.

The torch comes with a ZWB2 glass filter & the battery changes easy by unscrewing the head off.

Just buy the body only as the battery & charger are inferior.

Get the best charger & 26650 battery you can find, also mentioned in Ulf's thread.

Hi guys,

It's always great to discuss with you. So much knowledge here.

My first thought was the 8 hr. burn time. My S2 won't even do that....

Thank you all!

All the best from Norway!

Harald