UltravioletPhotography

Looking for access to a lens

I am currently writing a book for Focal Press on Digital UV and IR. It will contain technology, techniques, current applications and "creative potential". I have written several others for them including "Digital Imaging for Photographers" and "Close-Up & Macro Photography". I may post some other questions for help, advice and criticism over the next few weeks.

I wonder if there is a UK member of this forum who may be able to help with this: I am currently using El Nikkor enlarging lenses for my UV reflectance work, and getting some good results. I would like to compare them with a "proper" UV lens such as the UV Nikkor, Coastal Optics or Rayfact versions. Does any UK member have one of these lenses that they might give me access to for a short period? I have been in touch with Coastal Optics but they will not send one to the UK, and, if they did, I suspect the cost of postage and insurance would be exorbitant!

Many thanks in advance!

Adrian Davies

Here in the US, the company LensRentals.com rents the Coastal Optics 60/4.0. You could contact them and see if they permit rentals to the UK.

All the best for your book effort !!!

Andrea,

Thanks for your reply - I will contact them.

Bjorn, Realistically I would need 3 hours minimum. I want to set up a shot with a flower e.g. Oenothera sp. and shoot it with my El Nikkor, and a "proper" UV lens. I would also like to photograph the lens itself.

Adrian

I'll look into my schedule for August. The UK has suddenly become more attractive due to the recent drop in exchange rates :D.