UltravioletPhotography

Leaf on concrete (UVIVF vs. Visible comparison)

Nice! And the pillbug - who knew those roly-polys fluoresced? Too cool.

I wonder if different colour autumn leaves fluoresce differently?

• 2 weeks later...

I went out and collected a variety of different leafs, see for yourself :)

post-79-0-93383500-1447613181.jpg

I think the full spectrum image looks kind of interesting (shot with modded 199A flash), however the IR in that really does fade away contrasty detail... and if you were to use an IR flash only, then most of the leafs would probably just look white-gray...

If you were to do UV only... I would think there would be more contrast detail with deep blacks and bright parts on the leafs as well, but probably not very dynamic in terms of color diversity... probably only 2 main tones of color would be presented

Pylon, Can you explain the difference between the left and right UVIVF shots at the bottom?

I am guessing, left is U-340 + S8612 flash stack, and right is U-340 flash only?

Are you shooting all of these with the same camera and same flash?

For the visual shot, are you filtering the flash or the camera, which, if the same camera/flash?

there is no difference, just different placement of the flash

full spectrum was shot with a full spectrum camera, others were shot using an unmodded d810

can't remember how i shot the vis image

yes

edit: actually I think I was using two flashes for the UVIVF images in the image with the 4 examples in it. One was cannon 199a + baader-u using the filter funnel mod, the other was a Vivitar 285HV with the U-340 + S8612 flash stack, taped to the front.