UltravioletPhotography

Hello from Newbie :)

moggafogga

Hi there,

my name is Martin and I´m a guy from germany. I started photography of the unvisible light about one year ago with some near-infrared captures. Therefore I used an unconverted Pentax K100D. I was very impressed how beautiful the world looks like at the end of the visible range. For a closer look into this world, I decided to buy a broadband converted Pentax K-r and some more filters. Now I have some experience in near-infrared photography and false colors. Up till now, the red filters 590nm and 645nm are my most used filters.

In the last months my interest in reflected UV photography become more and more pronounced. Therefore I bought - with advice of Steven from UVIRoptics - a UV-bandpass (Hoya U340) and a NIR-blocking filter (S8612) as a first step into ultraviolet world. In addition I found one of the various UV-friendly 35mm und 50mm lenses on ebay and now I´m ready to start my first attempts. As a beginner I hope to learn more and more from the community.

Regards, Martin

By the way, looking at your Flickr photos a noticed a UV image of a yellow flower of the Asteraceae. You asked for a name, and here it is: Helianthus tuberosus or Jerusalem Artichoke.
  • 1 month later...
Hello Martin - and welcome to UVP. I hope you enjoy it here. We are always happy to answer questions and help folks get started with UV photography. However, I think your UV flower fotos look very good so far. Looking forward to seeing you post here.
  • 1 month later...