UltravioletPhotography

I found something to possibly help with oxidation when storing filters

ultrainfra

Who knows what he is talking about, but 'the story' about slug slime comes from way back when:

Andrea had left her Baader U out in her garden after shooting flowers, and when she retrieved in later it had slug or snail slime all over it, and she asked for advice online about how to clean the slug slime off the Baader U.

So that is the old story.

The story I heard was that she dropped a Baader venus U filter. Then reached down to pick it up, and some how a snail/slug had crawled accross it in the time from drop to pickup.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I don't even remember any more exactly whether the filter got slimed overnight or between "drop to pickup". But I think the filter was probably slimed when left out overnight because slugs are v..e..r..y s....l....o......w movers.

IIRC, I used alcohol to get the stuff off.

That story is proof that Andrea was abducted by aliens.

This may or may not have happened. I'm not telling. :rolleyes: :blink: :wacko: :wacko: :tongue:

Discussed here:

https://www.ultravioletphotography.com/content/index.php/topic/2992-infrared-block-broad-uv-and-visible-pass-filter/page__view__findpost__p__24413

Clearly aliens.

What most likely occured, is you dropped it, as it fell it knocked a slug off a leaf into the filter. As you picked it up to turn it over, the slug fell out. But then too late, you had been slimmed.

However, aliens is just funnier.

If anyone has seen Timmy Failure: Mistakes were made. I love how he blames everything on the Russians. But that might be taken out of context as a joke here.