UltravioletPhotography

Corrupt image

dabateman

A happy instance of corruption -- that must be as rare as hens' teeth. Oh wait, I have had corrupted images myself and they certainly benefitted visually from the damage.

Storing massive numbers of RAW files on ever increasing huge storage volumes in fact increases the likelihood of encountering a corrupted RAW file. A jpg can be recreated from the RAW file if need be. However, corrupted RAW files might not even be readable by most converting software. Should be food for thought.

Birna,

The second one is cool. The repeated tree pattern is great.

My LG G6 has a habit of killing photos or doing what happened to your Zebra. I have a tree one like that too with bigger white gaps.

I will have to look out for errors in my photos backups. I have most stuff on a 8TB drive.

Seizures aren't fun, but I have kept him going for 5 years now. Hope I can fix his mutation. He keeps me house bound and awake for the last 5 years.

I've been reading about CRISPR editing recently. I hope there is some hope there for your child's seizure problem.

Enjoyed the JPG errors from you and Birna. I remember that safari Zebra photo.

Crisp might work for a cell culture that you can re-purify. But systemically, not very good.

The random insertion rate is much higher than typically reported. Also the success of correct insertion is very low. But its a good buzz word right now.

I have some hope in designing a RNAi, siRNA or double stranded DNA knockdown sequence to the mutation.

We are partly lucky and he has both good and bad copies of the essential gene. I don't want to knockout it completely. As animals have become learning impaired and very itchy.

Targeting the protein has also been a thought of mine with a ubiquitin signal. Design something that specific to the unfolded leaky state and signal it for degradation.

But ideally a point mutation correction of his genome would be nice. His is just one point mutation causing problems. G1421A of KCNT1.