UltravioletPhotography

Kolari vision drop in & clip in filters for Canon EF/RS mount

Nemo Andrea

Kolari vision recently announced a new set of products that perhaps might be interesting for some users so I'll post it here so we are all aware.

Their promotional page: https://kolarivision...nd-clip-filter/

These filters are compatible with the new RF mount mirrorless cameras of Canon (the EOS R, EOS RP, EOS R5, EOS R6).

Drop in filters

I think the drop in filters are a very nice system, but you will be limited to the EF(-S) lenses, rather than the shiny new RF lenses. Still, I'm sure there are nice lenses out there. The drop in filters use Canons RF -> EF adaper that has a built in filter slot; just using Kolari's filter holder and filters. They offer their UV pass filter as a drop in filter.

post-261-0-75625700-1600199051.jpg Kolari vision drop in filter (image from link above)

Clip in filters

As for the clip in filters; I think it's a nice idea (as it will come with the advantage that you can use both RF and EF glass, but you have previously expressed valid concerns about dust problems and inconvenience that this brings. (see this forum post for that discussion). They do not offer this one in their UV pass filter (yet?).

I personally won't be using it as the EOS R and newer full frame camera are not within my budget ;) If anyone does get one of the RF cameras and starts using it for UV/IR I'd love to see a post about it!

Clip in or drop in filtration would be so nice to have on any UV/IR camera. Nice thing, too, about drop-in filter trays is that they offer some protection for our expensive filters.