UltravioletPhotography

Hello from Australia

Gamma

I am interested in what can be achieved from digital cameras. I found out on the Internet how sensors can detect IR and UV radiation, but the cameras need to be modified to do this. Certain camcorders have had the ability to do IR 'night vision','0 lux' for some time. A lot of current security cameras have the ability to switch to IR mode.

I have been reading that UV photography is more difficult for various reasons and is more expensive.

I have been looking into various lens options, have dismantled two EL Nikkor 80mm lenses to destroy the fungus, but wasn't sure how to get the centre (center in American English) element out. I did make the mistake of taking out the thing that holds the aperture blades in place and then disrupting the blades. This created the difficult task of putting the blades back in place.

Welcome to the UVP community, which is as helpful as anything found on the net. Lots of compulsory tinkers here, maybe even some lens repair nerds?
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Gamma and welcome to UVP!

I have disrupted aperture blades myself. It can be an incredibly difficult task to put them back into place without a special tool.

Have you been able to figure out how to remove that last element yet from the EL Nikkor 80/5.6?

Here again are some instructions for taking apart that lens from a 2014 post:

http://www.ultraviol...or-for-cleaning

Hope that helps!!!

After reading through that tutorial, I see that the 3rd element was *not* removed. So it seems you would not be able to perform any kind of immersion cleaning of that element. It is still accessible for cleaning with cloth or lens pen.

• 11 months later...