UltravioletPhotography

Direct in-camera "goldie" look

Following dabateman post evoking direct SOOC in-camera goldie rendering I pust here some test shots using a TIFFEN47 filter + cheap FL-D filter

Here WB was done in-camera and what you see is sidecar JPG along to RAW file.

VjiWM4u.jpg

mfDiXDv.jpg

I even tried with only the "cheap" option : I replaced the blue TIFFEN by some low quality chinese blue filter and obtained this :

Bt0kPZG.jpg

The CWB is really important here because it hugely shifts the global warmth of the picture. Another SOOC image looks like this with a warmer reference used as neutral for WB :

8qvXclt.jpg

Sometimes I even use the blue sky as reference for WB (like in the previous example). It turns out really "goldie" on the vegetation and I can then adjust and separate the tones in post if needed. I gonna dig to find out which filters I bought.

Andy Perrin
Is it possible to get that gold vegetation without making everything look like it has a gold cast to it? Even the sky looks like it’s in King Midas-vision.

Yes of course, it really relies on the CWB done in-camera but you can adjust it when developping the RAW file.

What about this one ? The sky is blue enough and the elements do differenciate from the vegetation.

C9ZnaTF.jpg

Andy Perrin

Yes! Like that.

(Now I have that Goldfinger Bond movie theme song stuck in my head. Only myself to blame.)