UltravioletPhotography

Deer FLIR

Cadmium

That rimes, by the way.

I don't have any 2000f molten spewing lava around here, but I found a deer laying in the midday grass.

post-87-0-91066900-1527127214.jpg

post-87-0-17026400-1527128295.jpg

Something is wrong using Firefox, can't upload/attach.

Chrome works, first time using it for this.

Something suddenly wrong using Firefox. Tried everything...

Well that is just really cool, Steve !! Nice capture !!

This post needs a Tag so it will be found in searches.

I have these two tags available: LWIR or SWIR

Please, which one is this?

Thx.

Don't know about tags, but FLIR is what people would be looking for (forward looking infrared), I would think that is a search more then LWIR. So maybe make a tag is it FLIR.
Andy Perrin

FLIR is also the name of a company and it’s really ambiguous which kind of image it would be. FLIR makes SWIR cameras in fact...

We have things set up by band currently and FLIR as a tag would break that scheme.

Just so no one is confused by what Andy just said about FLIR making SWIR cameras, this FLIR has a spectral range of 7.5–13 µm, thus it falls into the LWIR category (long-wavelength infrared). Not SWIR.

Øivind, At least with my FLIR model, the FLIR makes the thermal pics 320 x 240, and it makes the visual pic 640 x 480, and the framing is different also, uses separate lens and sensor.

Here is the visual pic corresponding to the two FLIR pics at the top.

post-87-0-68015800-1527280086.jpg

Here is a clear glass of water with an aquarium in the distant background.

post-87-0-68138600-1527280127.jpg

Here is a stereo power amplifier.

post-87-0-41029500-1527280164.jpg

Thanks, nice to see the environment around the deer and how it hides in the vegetation. It explains the colder part in the middle of the body. It seems to have pretty efficient heat dissipation from the ears, was it a warm day or could it have been running just beforehand?

Perfect temperature (for me), not cold, not warm. I think it had been laying there for a while. It was chewing cud.

What you see is both ears, which is hard to differentiate in the thermal picture, if you look close in the visual picture you will see both ears, one partially in front of the other.

The ears are used for cooling in the summer, which is getting close...

post-87-0-62500900-1527367686.jpg

A deer chewing cud.