UltravioletPhotography

Pterostylis revoluta [Autumn Greenhood]

DaveO

Oldfield, D. 2014. Pterostylis revoluta R. Br. (Orchidaceae) Autumn Greenhood. Flowers photographed in visible and ultraviolet light.

http://www.ultraviol...tumn-greenhood/

Maldon, Victoria, Australia

Lockwood South

30 May 2014

Australian Native Wildflower

Comment

This terrestrial orchid can be found in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory from March through to June in drier open forest.

Visible Light: Pentax K-5 Full Spectrum Modification, Nikon Rayfact PF10545 MF-UV 105 mm f/4.5 lens, Metz 15 MS-1 flash, 1/180 s @ f/11 ISO 200, B+W UV/IR Cut Filter.

post-28-0-08595800-1401861992.jpg

Image Reference: DO53053

Ultraviolet Light: Pentax K-5 Full Spectrum Modification, Nikon Rayfact PF10545 MF-UV 105 mm f/4.5 lens, Nikon SB-14 flash, 1/180s @ f/16 ISO 200, Baader UV-Pass Filter.

post-28-0-96513200-1401862008.jpg

Image Reference: DO53057

References:

Kuiter, R.H. 2013, Victoria’s Greenhoods & Rustyhoods, p. 62

Atlas of Living Australia http://bie.ala.org.a...stylis+revoluta

Published 4 June 2014

No, the Pentax K-5 has a synch socket for the PC cord from the flash gun. Something that, alas, seems to be missing from most other cameras.
igoriginal

No, the Pentax K-5 has a synch socket for the PC cord from the flash gun. Something that, alas, seems to be missing from most other cameras.

So, the high "trigger voltage" of some of the older flash guns is only associated with the hot-shoe, but not the PC sync node?

Hmmm. Well, yes. It is a shame that the PC sync node is a dying breed amid the world of digital cameras. These days, you have to purchase a go-between adapter to create your own nodes.

I am a Pentax aficionado, myself. Six Pentax DSLRs in my possession. They remain the industry pioneers with good insight, even today. And highly under-appreciated, under-rated, and under-estimated by those outside of the Pentax universe who have been indoctrinated by the "superiority" notions of the "Canikon" (Canon-Nikon) empire. :unsure:

Nice shot, by the way.

So, the high "trigger voltage" of some of the older flash guns is only associated with the hot-shoe, but not the PC sync node?

I did not read that into what he said and doubt your assumption is correct.

Oh cool to learn that the K5 has a synch socket!!! Having the K5 in hand, you would think I might have noticed that already. :unsure: :) :)

But I haven't gotten my K5 into full use yet because of the Norway trip and various other time consuming events.

To return to the flower .....what an unusual specimen!! And it is green. I'm going right now to add it to the Green Flowers list.

Here's an amazing revelation :unsure:

All our Greenhoods really are green. In fact they are all pretty translucent as you can see with this one and they all seem to be covered in conical cells as you can see on this 100% extract from the UV file

post-28-0-77248200-1402014815.jpg

The PC socket is behind the little screw cap on the body to the right of the lens mount looking from the front