UltravioletPhotography

Hello - new member

Adrian

Hello,

I am a full time freelance natural history and botanical photographer. I have published 10 books on various aspects of digital imaging including "Digital Plant Photography (Bloomsbury Publishing) last June.

I 1994 I completed Master degree by research at Salford University, trying to show how insects "see" flowers using film and UV and tri-chromatic filters. I am now trying to carry on the work with digital cameras. At the moment I can't justify a converted DSLR, so am using a Nikon D70 with an old El Nikkor enlarging lens, and a Baader U filer. Results are improving. Focus shift is "erratic"! have also got very interested in UV fluorescence of plants, particularly Nepenthes carnivorous plants, where the results are nothing short of spectacular!

I look forward to talking with like minded photographers!

Adrian Davies

post-47-0-64191800-1399041141.jpg

post-47-0-73781300-1399041165.jpg

Welcome - you have certainly arrive at an appropriate site on the world wide web. The UV-induced fluorescence of your Nephentes looked amazing. I'm sure we all are anxious to see more of your work.

Asking questions is a great way of integrating into our small, yet thriving, UV community.

Hello Adrian!

I registered here a few weeks ago myself. I am... about 20 minutes down the road from you, and my son is at school at CLFS in Ashtead. I am completely new to UV myself but would seem to share a similar interest to yourself (uv fluorescence). Maybe we should consider pooling resources or at least work together for the benefit of both in some way. I am more of an insect focus stacker myself with little experience with flora rather than fauna.

Greetings Adrian,

​Your fluorescent carnivore is impressive, looking forward to seeing more!

John

Beautiful examples Adrian & welcome

I am looking forwards to seeing more of your works please.

Col

Welcome

I 1994 I completed Master degree by research at Salford University, trying to show how insects "see" flowers using film and UV and tri-chromatic filters.

Would be interesting to see some pictures from yout theses.

Hello Adrian,

I think it would be interesting if you could compare images taken using film with those in digital false-colour. I sometimes read things written about film-based UV images of Australian native flowers which don't seem to quite gel with what I see with digital equipment. I look forward to more of your work.

Dave