UltravioletPhotography

davesum

davesum

Hi everyone,

My name is David Summerhayes. I have been working in the field of Medical and Scientific photography for many years now and, although I don't do a lot of work with IR and UV officially, I do have a keen interest in it. I'm also considered a fine art and landscape photographer, winning many awards here in Australia including the 'South Australian Landscape Photographer of the year' award in 1996.

More about me can be found on my website here. http://www.davidsumm...es.com/bio.html

My initial experience with UV and Infrared was all film based - mostly black and white. More recently I have been playing around with digital but have only used older cameras with no, or less efficient hot mirrors and reasonably long exposures. I will try and post a shot of a dandelion and another flower here that were shot about 10 years ago using an old Nikon D1, a µ-360 filter and long exposure. I have a new Canon EOS-M camera being converted as I speak so I'm looking forward to some more serious experimentation and producing something a little more creative in a few weeks time.

I hope I can add to the knowledge base of this site while also discovering more about UV photography for myself.

best regards

David (davesum)

post-30-0-93207500-1381816448.jpg

Your website demonstrates you are a very accomplished photographer. We are happy to have you on board and look forward to seeing your contributions to ultraviolet photography.

Hi David,

I'm a very new member myself and it's nice to see another contributor from our "Wide Brown Land".

Cheers,

Dave

Hello David and welcome to UVP. Hope you enjoy the site!!

We've seen Lumix, Nikon, Sony and Pentax conversions, but you will be the first Canon conversion.

Cool !! I'm eager to see how it performs.