UltravioletPhotography

Hello from Croatia

Damir

Hello to everyone,

I am glad that you accept me as a forum member.

I am new to digital IR photography, therefore I come here to gain some knowledge from experienced forum members.

I did IR photography in film era using Kodak high speed infrared film.

Many of my photos have holes, as a film had holes in emulsion.

I also did some color film IR.

When started to use digital photography I do some shooting with „black light“ with models painted with fluorescent markers and Fimo fluorescent plastic.

I just got used Fujifilm S5 Pro – forensic version, which can capture UV and IR. I will like to try both kind of photography.

In my regular photography work I mostly shoot portrait and fashion, also some landscape and abstract photography.

I am looking forward to exchange experience with other forum members.

Best wishes to everyone!

Damir

Andy Perrin
Hi! Welcome to the forum. I have heard of that camera but I’m not sure any other members have one.
Croatia is a lovely country, ever since I've started this hobby I wish I could visit it again.. Welcome to the forum!

Hi! Welcome to the forum. I have heard of that camera but I’m not sure any other members have one.

Thank you.

I am waiting for the battery to start to use camera, as soon as I get one I will post some results.

As it is old camera resolution is low 6 MP interplated in camera to 12 MP.

Croatia is a lovely country, ever since I've started this hobby I wish I could visit it again.. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you.

I hope I will have some great pitures to share here.

Thank you.

I hope I will have some great pitures to share here.

Make sure to take some IR shots in the mountains right off the coast if you ever go there

I have a full-spectrum Fuji S5Pro. A ince and robust camera, however batteries are hard to get and the RAF files are tricky to develop. It will accept most accessories and lenses for the Nikon system.

The form factor for the battery is the same as for D200, but the batteries are not interchangeable. You can swap the chargers, though.

I have a full-spectrum Fuji S5Pro. A ince and robust camera, however batteries are hard to get and the RAF files are tricky to develop. It will accept most accessories and lenses for the Nikon system.

The form factor for the battery is the same as for D200, but the batteries are not interchangeable. You can swap the chargers, though.

I got battery over E-bay, two of them + charger for 29 euros, they arrived, and I started to use camera.

New problem is to find some relaible IR lens. Most user recommend old lenses that do not fit on camera.

I am testing the gear right now. Photos are interesting, but true IR made with use of black filter IR 093 are blured, it is not problem with focusing, probably diffraction.

Less "aggresive filters" are producing more detailed and sharper photos.

What are your expereinces? Which lens woul you recommens to me, mostly for IR shooting?

The S5Pro can use all AI- and AIS-lenses, which will be a huge array of optics indeed. Also it can use AI-converted pre-'77 lenses.Most AF/AFS lenses can function properly as well. The latest 'E' type can cause issues though.

The 28mm f/3.5 is an excellent starter lens and should be dead cheap too. Make sure it is at least AI-modified and you'll be just fine.

For a modern lens try the AFS 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G or the shorter AFS 18-70/3.5-4.5 G Nikkor..

Focus shift in IR is something any IR photographer has to deal with. Some times the AF in-camera works, other times it doesn't.

It is better to start a new topic on what lens to select instead of expanding the introduction thread.

The S5Pro can use all AI- and AIS-lenses, which will be a huge array of optics indeed. Also it can use AI-converted pre-'77 lenses.Most AF/AFS lenses can function properly as well. The latest 'E' type can cause issues though.

The 28mm f/3.5 is an excellent starter lens and should be dead cheap too. Make sure it is at least AI-modified and you'll be just fine.

For a modern lens try the AFS 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G or the shorter AFS 18-70/3.5-4.5 G Nikkor..

Focus shift in IR is something any IR photographer has to deal with. Some times the AF in-camera works, other times it doesn't.

It is better to start a new topic on what lens to select instead of expanding the introduction thread.

Will do.

Thank you very much.