UltravioletPhotography

Converted Sigma fp, with a minus red filter & a limited IR filter.

The yellow / gold comes from the camera making 'yellow' from green & near IR.

post-31-0-58278500-1625927062.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Col, perhaps brighten up a bit to better bring out that gold ???

...comme ça....

colGold.jpg

That filter combo also makes for a nice sky.

You can brighten up things overall with the PN Illumination slider which increases light without blowing highlights.

(Although if blown highlights already exist, either the Illumination or Exposure sliders will push them more.

So control the highlights with the Highlights slider first, if needed, before using Illumination slider.)

Then a small boost on the Contrast slider can somtimes provide more "depth" between brights & darks.

If you only want to brighten the yellow, go to the Color Enhancement patches.

Click on the yellow patch and then push its Lightness slider to the right.

You can also increase the yellow patch's Saturation slider if you want a deeper color.

Again, a small boost of the Contrast slider after the Lightness slider could be useful.

You just have to experiment with those sliders. Sometimes these tweaks work out well

and sometimes they ruin the photo.

My only complaint with Photo Ninja is that there is no way to brush in the changes only where you want them. For example, I never want to apply the Details slider (which can work wonders!) to a sky or other uniformly colored area because that can create noise. I wrote to the Photo Ninja guy once and begged for a brush. That was years ago. Still no brush in PN!! :sad:

Here is a Photo Ninja version.

I hope it is OK with you that i played with your photo!!

If not, i will immediately remove it.

And it is OK if you don't like it.

colinPhotoNinja.jpg

Thanks Andrea, Play away, my photos are for education.

This is the kind of 'Gold' I would like to get with a filter, but the processing has worked a treat, thanks.

Maybe if you increase the contrast and saturation setting on your camera, the photo will come out looking like the PN version? I've never handled a Sigma FP so I don't know its settings, but seems like most of our cams permit such settings.

That said, the Photo Ninja tweaks were minor. And Photo Ninja is so easy to use.