UltravioletPhotography

Opiliones Shading on Sedum. in IR

Doppler9000

X-T2, 16-80mm @ 80mm. (Had inadvertently switched to "Toy Camera" mode.)

These are called "daddy long legs", locally.

John

post-362-0-17674600-1625751808.jpg

Photo is cool, but I'm not sure about the magenta color which obscures details on the Daddy LL's back??

The image, including color, is straight out of camera. I can take a shot at editing and converting to b&w.

I recommend Darktable. It's completely free and has an extreme white balance range - perfect for full spectrum and such.

Doppler9000
I have a dng WB profile that works pretty well for IR,but I will have a look. I suspect any resolution deficits stem from the rather thin depth of field, but I will try.

I was just curious! Wasn't meant to be a criticism.

I can't get up the nerve to photograph certain spiders. I'm OK with the funny fat little white, yellow or green crab spiders on flowers, but daddy-long-legs and other kinds make me want to jump away. Girl stuff I suppose !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doppler9000

Andrea, I did not read a criticism at all.

My brother, ex-police, ex-military, hates spiders. For me, it’s the wide, multi-legged types I don’t care for.

John

Did I miss what IR filter you used? R72, or something higher or lower?

I would suggest white balance would bring forth a more dynamic result. Even using auto levels from Photoshop makes for a stronger image (for me anyway), but auto levels is not true white balance,

and for that I recommend Photo Ninja.

Daddy Long Legs are prevalent here. Spiders don't bother me as much as other insects. But invertebrates are not on my list of foods.

Doppler9000
I did a little editing, but ran out of time. Hopefully these are decent. I added a frame with a more distant plane of focus.

post-362-0-92568600-1626109989.jpg

post-362-0-81844600-1626110942.jpg