UltravioletPhotography

Informal Buttercups with a Kuribayashi 35mm f3.5 lens

Informal post today, while I'm baking in the sunlight (please bring back normal British weather so I can get some sleep). Some Buttercups in the garden taken using a Kuribayashi K.C. Petri Orikkor 35mm f3.5 lens. Camera - Nikon d810 with Advanced Camera Services UV conversion, Nikon to M42 adapter (no lens), lens focused to infinity and set to f11, 1.3s exposure, Schott s8612 1mm held in front of the lens. Image whitebalanced in Darktable, and then slightly cropped and resized for sharing.

post-148-0-60646500-1623674438.jpg

Cropped section of the foreground of the image shown as actual pixel size.

post-148-0-00454900-1623674509.jpg

And the same area using the camera phone.

post-148-0-47005900-1623674549.jpg

Adapter is a thin Nikon to M42 one without the adapter, but doesn't allow infinity focus. Actually for this UV shot the lens was set to infinity focus, and the actual focus point was about 1m from the lens, as the foreground of the image is in better focus.

EDIT - just updated the lens details to the correct make. I originally put it down as a Prinz Galaxy, which gives an example of how much the heat here is impacting me....

The buttercup is Ranunculus repens. In case you wondered about its identity :smile:

Your 35mm apparently works well.

Thanks Col. I grew up in the north of the UK - anything above 20C bothers me, but it's the high temps at night which I really hate (it's often getting to 20C plus at night, and the house is a bit of an oven). Last year I measured 34C as the interior temp of the bedroom wall at 11PM one night. I'm seriously considering buying proper aircon for the house.

We had 36C all last week. Was crazy. We also needed to cook special food for my kid. So it was a sauna at my place for a few days.

The humidity is the worst though. Durning that time still 80% humidity. Not fun.

You leave the house from the AC and your wet.

Thanks Col. I grew up in the north of the UK - anything above 20C bothers me, but it's the high temps at night which I really hate (it's often getting to 20C plus at night, and the house is a bit of an oven). Last year I measured 34C as the interior temp of the bedroom wall at 11PM one night. I'm seriously considering buying proper aircon for the house.

I agree, nice buttercups.

I hate high temperatures too and unfortunately am allergic to air-coned air.

My condo is at the center of a rather big house, only facing directly to the west. In hot summers the outer wall of the house and outdoor air sometimes gets hotter than 40-45°C in the afternoon and evening.

I have partially solved that by having a big fan pushing out the hot indoor air though the balcony, thus drawing in cooler night air entering at all windows when things begin to cool down after midnight.

Naturally the fan must only be started when it is cooler outdoors than indoors.

On Sunday our car showed 36°C. We have a dark gray entrance door, and it is exposed to the Sun for most of the day. I measured 75°C on that door. And also I was curious to check the temperature in our wooden garden "house", and it was 47°C. So far I have not measured above 48°C in that house.