UltravioletPhotography

How do I get this Yellow in IR ?

I think using a 650nm-ish longpass, inverting the colors and then shifting them with the hue function until the trees are a similar shade should work. You might then want to selectively saturate orange and yellow shades. You could actually use just the hue function I think.

That was a good guess František.

The filter most likely used for this is a 590nm IR-pass filter.

It is possible to read a lot about how to do that processing by searching for Goldie IR on Google.

For those having access to Photoshop there are free Actions available on the net that makes such processing very easy.

There are alternative ways with some filters and filter stacks that gives an easier processing, similar to the Kolari filter for red foliage.

I did some tests with filter combinations posted on this forum that might work as a start.

I cannot find the post quickly and have to come back on that. It was posted, maybe some three years ago. Found.

The BG3 which Ulf shows in the preceding link is a filter which I've also found to be good at producing yellow foliage.

Scroll down in the post linked here: Miscellaneous: VG9, BG3, B410 and some reference shots.

I'll repost one here.

The BG3 is mixed light so might not give you that IR dark sky shown in your example photo above. So this might not be what you want. But the processing is easy. And the yellow foliage is spectacular.

Convert the raw and white-click on grey/white stuff like clouds. That's it.

I used Photo Ninja and I did brighten the clouds a bit for better contrast.

This scene show part of an inlet off the Shrewsbury River in Monmouth County, NJ. Those are reeds growing in the front. The Shrewsbury flows into the Atlantic just a short distance to the right.

yellow.jpg

KarlBlessing

Did this with a BG3 on a little full spectrum Pentax Q10 :

JrKi1IR.jpg

It's probably the closest you'll get with 'blue skies' right out of the camera once you've set your custom WB for the IR side of things. A lot of the other stuff will be tweaks of color/saturation in photoshop or similar to pull out that faux color range.

If you go the "Goldie" route of a Hoya R25 on a full spectrum body, or similarly a B+W 091 (Dark Red), you'll get close, but you still have to at least swap the red and blue channel once you get it into the computer to have that golden foliage look.

My Olympus E-M1 been converted for LifePixel to "Super Color" which is pretty much already the Goldie Filter in front of the sensor (590nm+), yielding this result with a little bit of work in photoshop, and the channel swapping I mentioned.

NQBIbGJ.jpg

9B9iOB5.jpg

If you shoot in the raw format you'll have more ability to tweak the individual hue/saturation of various colors in Adobe Camera Raw (or similar raw processor) before getting it into the editor to swap the channel, will give cleaner details and better color separation without looking like you're blowing the highlights of any one particular color.