UltravioletPhotography

Have posts and older threads been deleted?

dabateman

Andy Perrin
That link is broken. Mark seemingly removed his own images some time back for reasons he never mentioned. I don't know, maybe he really IS going to make that book, "Mark's Twigs 'N' Berries"!
Andy Perrin

David, your first link is full of typos, please fix it.

Here is what the link says, verbatim:

https://www.ultravio...post__p__14370]

See the ellipses and the bracket?

Or sometimes I move either totally out-of-date topics or destroyed topics to a Retired Topics section. If there is a link somewhere to a retired topic in Retired Topics, then it is indeed "hidden" from the membership. But don't worry - you are not missing anything interesting.

I was really upset by the removal of all Mark's photos, just for the record. Mark had done some beautiful work and his write-ups were instructive. Having all that destroyed was so sad. I don't think that posting photos here would detract from any book.

Andy Perrin
I’m sure he wasn’t thinking of detracting, if it even is about a book, but some places have rules that if a thing has already been published elsewhere then they won’t touch it. I know that’s a thing in scientific publishing anyway.
I thought when this site was originally setup that posters had to upload images rather than link to them, in order that this exact scenario couldn't happen.

Yes you are correct. However, users might on occasion still be able to delete files.

Posting to UVP should in no way conflict with science papers.

Andy Perrin

Posting to UVP should in no way conflict with science papers.

That depends on what the journal considers prior publication I think.

It is hard to imagine that any scientific journal knows we even exist !!

But I certainly understand anyone being cautious if interested in publishing in serious, non-open-access, peer-reviewed scientific journals.

Just let me know before removing any photographs so I can plan a graceful exit for ruined topics!!

Andy Perrin
Well, and I don't know what traditional coffee-table book kinds of publishers would think about it either (in fact, they might care more if they thought having the photos online would impact their profit somehow). But yeah, I miss Mark's posts too. And Mark!