UltravioletPhotography

blue induced red and IR fluorescence (halogen lightbulb and a plush toy)

I'm sure you all know about UVIVF, you shine UV on something, filter it out, and the fluorescence it causes shows, creating weird effects. Well, up until recently, little did I know this can be done with longer wavelengths too. I guess a lot of you already knew about this but for me it's an interesting discovery for sure.

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, converted EOS 1100D, 650nm longpass filter, 15w blue LED spotlight of undisclosed wavelength

Please do forgive my filthy table, the fluorescence highlights every scratch.

post-350-0-27916800-1622380891.jpg

post-350-0-72114700-1622380908.jpg

post-350-0-81957500-1622380917.jpg

Do note that LEDs tend to emit longer wavelengths far above their peaks, blue LEDs can emit some red and infrared. Try to look at the LED through your filter, you may see some red. But your photos look like fluorescence photos, especially the glow in the lightbulb glass.

I don't know where is the theoretical limit, or the longest excitation wavelength ever observed, but red light can excite some molecules to emit infrared light, and I think there are IR-excited molecules too, maybe sold by MaxMax.

Yes, the LEDs don't go completely dark when looked at through the filter but they go mostly dark. Dark enough to see fluorescence for sure, though I think the white reflections you see on the glass is the red and infrared that the LEDs emit.
Well actually, that would block out most of the light, since the light emitted is not UV, I'm thinking my QB39 could help. But thanks.
Yes a BG39 can help a lot. You will see posts with cyan induced fluorescence cyIVF or cyIIRF. For visible induced or infrared induced fluorescence. 405nm and 488nm works very well.

Yes a BG39 can help a lot. You will see posts with cyan induced fluorescence cyIVF or cyIIRF. For visible induced or infrared induced fluorescence. 405nm and 488nm works very well.

Thanks!