UltravioletPhotography

new member, kinda Italian

montanawildlives

montanawildlives

Hey Folks, new member here! Can I be in the Italian clique as an Italian-American who speaks Italian? Viva Italia! Forza Azzurri!

I've been into nature and wildlife photography for several years and infrared photography for the past year. I've recently had a Fujifilm XT3 converted to full spectrum and have been playing around with UV. I'm currently seeing what I can do with my existing gear (and a Kolarivision UV pass filter) but am seeing the limits of this approach. I'm sure I'll have lots of filter/lens questions in the near future.

I've done the requisite dandelion pictures and will be posting some soon, asking for comments and advice.

Glad to be here!

John (Giovanni)

Yes, you can be considered Italian, at least in part. You are one of those people who's grandfather or great grandfather comes from Italy, right? Especially from southern Italy I guess.

It sounds like you can already take proper UV pictures. The Kolarivision UV filter works well, so your images should be fine. A good lens helps too, if you have one.

Welcome,

I have only driven through Montana, but used to have friends whom lived there.

I think you can call yourself anything.

Feel free to ask any question. Just ask it in the correct forum or it might get ignored. It might also get ignored anyway, but that is very very rare.

montanawildlives

Yes, you can be considered Italian, at least in part. You are one of those people who's grandfather or great grandfather comes from Italy, right? Especially from southern Italy I guess.

It sounds like you can already take proper UV pictures. The Kolarivision UV filter works well, so your images should be fine. A good lens helps too, if you have one.

Yes, exactly right; two of four grandparents are from Calabria, the other two from near Naples.

I'm going to start a thread in a few minutes with some of my early attempts and lots of questions. Thanks!

montanawildlives

Welcome,

I have only driven through Montana, but used to have friends whom lived there.

I think you can call yourself anything.

Feel free to ask any question. Just ask it in the correct forum or it might get ignored. It might also get ignored anyway, but that is very very rare.

Thanks; I will be posting soon!